Seeing a physical therapist virtually may seem unusual and possibly intimidating, but we want you to know that it can work. We can accommodate your orthopedic needs during these unprecedented times.
After all… we’re all adaptable creatures, so here we go!
Remote PT is two-way, real-time, interactive communication between a patient and a healthcare provider (in this case a physical therapist) from a remote location. Advances in IT infrastructure, communication, and connected medical devices are enabling clinicians to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients remotely and safely with end-to-end encryption – this means that your information is safe with us. This is great for busy people who don’t always have time to go to an appointment or for people that live in remote areas and do not have access to medical services (or those stuck indoors due to a pandemic – I’m looking at you COVID-19).
While in-person healthcare is great, Telehealth offers a wide variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- We can meet you wherever you are. All you need is your computer or smartphone in order to access the video conferencing features of the PtEverywhere platform that we utilize. There is no additional fee for this service. If you want to visit prior to starting your workday, on your lunch break, or after dinner, we are here for you. If you have kids at home, no problem. Don’t worry about finding a babysitter when your children can continue to play in their own environment. Sometimes this is easiest. We totally get it!
- Obtaining physical therapy from the comfort of your own home will save you time and money. No need to take time off of work. No need to waste gas driving across town.
- Implement the recommended exercises in the environment you live and train in. Starting with your PT in your own space will alleviate questions you would have had trying to adapt from the gym.
- Remote PT is particularly helpful in rural areas. Shortage of healthcare providers has led to a lack of accessibility to both basic healthcare and specialty care, such as physical therapy.
- Quick access to healthcare is a leading factor in improved patient engagement and better outcomes, particularly with musculoskeletal problems.
- Faster patient outcomes, which result in fewer hospital readmissions, more faithful following of prescribed courses of treatment, and faster recovery than that of patients not receiving remote intervention.
- Telehealth allows clinicians to share their knowledge/expertise quickly and easily with other healthcare providers. This can add incredible value to colleagues and their patients.
- Telehealth is an increasingly effective way to administer preventive medicine and manage chronic conditions including osteoarthritis, low back pain, autoimmune disorders and many, many more!
- We are a cash-based practice, but we can also honor your HSA or FSA funds (as your plan allows) for physical therapy services.
- Triage and treat non-life threatening muscular-skeletal injuries
- Continue your plan of care by completing follow-up visits virtually
- Manage chronic conditions
- Provide post-hospitalization care
- Help treat common aches and pains
- Progress you towards your performance-based goals
Physical therapists are musculoskeletal experts and the go-to for orthopedic issues. There are certainly things we are able to help with through remote PT and other things we may want to see you in person for – or maybe you need to see another specialist. If this is the case you will not be charged for your remote PT visit. We really want to be part of the solution for you, especially during our current healthcare crisis.
Ready to book an appointment? Book a Discovery Call today, and we’ll help you get started!